Artists' Alley Info
The rules and tips of Desucon's Artists' Alley
On this page you can find the rules of Desucon's Artists' Alley. Please read them carefully!
The Artists' Alley is located in the main hall Metsähalli, on the second floor balcony.
The artists can arrive one hour prior to opening the Alley to set up their tables. More info will be provided to the chosen artists at a later date.
If you have any questions regarding the Artists' Alley, please contact the Artists' Alley Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application period for Desucon Frostbite artist alley is now closed.
The rules & the tips
- Have a cashbox/box for your money.
- Make sure you have enough small change with you. It's advised to have a lot of coins and 5 euro bills.
- In case you have your own payment terminal or MobilePay, you are free to use them as well.
- Everybody is responsible for their own table, merchandise and prices.
- You can practise setting up your table at home. The size of the table is 123,5 x 69 cm, so you can put your works on display for an area that is the same size.
- It's good to have a table cloth with you that is long enough to reach the floor. It gives your table a polished look, makes it stand out and hides anything that's under the table.
- You're free to decorate your table as you wish. You can use racks, cups etc. necessary.
- Big racks can be useful. Please contact the manager if you're planning to use them: email@example.com
- Printing your works is recommended. You can even print smaller quantities for a relatively cheap price. It's good to compare printing houses. Ask for prices for different amounts and materials. The cheapest materials can be usable too.
- Original artworks: It's recommended to use a better paper than the normal copying/printing paper. Usually paper with better quality or thicker paper is a better choice. But in the end, the material choice is yours. It's handier to store and sell original artworks in clear files. Clear files protect the artworks from dirt and fingerprints and makes it easier to carry them around.
- Fan art: Selling fan art is accepted as long as we can see your own style. Don't sell works that are copied from the source material or traced artworks!
- R18+ material: Everyone who attends the convention is over the age of 18, making it possible for artists to exhibit all sorts of artworks. Please be considerate to others con-goers.
- Handicrafts: It's allowed to sell self-made plushies, bags, jewellery, magnets etc.
In case you are not sure, if your work is suitable for Desucon Frostbite 2020 - please contact manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember to buy a ticket to the convention! You don't gain entry just by having a spot in the Artists' Alley. This affects the assistants as well.
- Remember to take an ID with you! Desucon is restricted to people aged 18 and over.
- During summertime it's adviced to take a handheld fan with you. If your table faces the sun, sunglasses can be handy as well.
- Provide your customers with bags, rubber bands and clear files for carrying their purchases. Desucon's own merchandise table sells poster tubes for bigger posters so you can recommend those to your customers!
- Make sure your prices are clear and visible.
- Remember to eat and drink! An assistant can be handy when you want to take a break.
- Keep your surroundings clean and put your trash to the trashcan at the end of the day.
- If you can't make it to the convention or you want to cancel your table, please contact the Artists' Alley Manager: email@example.com
- If you don't cancel your table and you don't show up, you still have to pay the table fee. If you cancel in time you don't have to pay the fee and we can give your table forward to someone in the waiting list.